Monday 26 September 2011

my 21st birthday and first trip to wales!



For my 21st birthday this weekend, my lovely boyfriend Adam took me to Cardiff, so we could have a weekend away and visit his sister at university. My first impressions were great as I love seeing rolling countryside! It took us a few hours to get there, so once we got there, we chilled for a while and then got ready for our evening out. We found a great bar near by his sisters uni, so we went for a meal, which they got wrong so we got two free pitchers of cocktails!!! So I did get a little tipsy!


Another great surprise was the band that played, mostly with great acoustic covers and one of the best cover bands I have heard in a long time! The bar was called the Vulkcan Lounge, and was decorated with kooky doors on the walls and even some rubber ducks on the ceilings!!!


Day two, and we decided to go to the nearby town of Barri. Which is where (and I did not know this until we got there) Gavin and Stacey was set and filmed! I even got a drink from Marco's where Stacey worked! The beach there was incredible, and we climbed the rocky areas to the top of the 'Island' and the view was fantastic! I have never been to the beach on such a wet day, but by the time we got there, the sun came out and the views were breathtaking.


So all in all, it may not have been the typical 'mad' 21st celebrations, but I loved every minute of my chilled birthday weekend! And Wales is well worth spending more time in!!!


p.s extra thanks to my friend Laura for the amazing hand made cake!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely Fran! Just wish I coulda be there celebrating with you!! xx

    ReplyDelete